Accessible Rooms in our Melbourne Hotel
Whether you are travelling solo, as a couple or on a holiday with family, our spacious 31sqm Accessible Rooms have been designed to ensure that your stay in a Melbourne hotel is one that comfortable . We provide our visitors an affordable accommodation option in the Melbourne City, without compromising on style. Our location makes it easy to get around, as we are across from Southern Cross Train Station and the SkyBus terminal. Plus being in the Free Tram Zone makes it easy to see the sights of Melbourne.
When entering our Accessible Rooms, guests will be able to notice the larger entrance way which makes it easy to access the room with or without a wheelchair. The bathrooms have been designed to provide guests with space and also accessible features such as a lowered sink, levered taps and grip rails in the shower.
Our hotel is fully accessible for both our public areas and facilities, including meeting rooms and elevators. There are audible alarms through the hotel and a strobe light on the telephone to alert guests of any emergencies.
What makes our Accessible Rooms memorable
Both of our accessible rooms feature floor to ceiling windows which provide beautiful views of the Melbourne City Streets. The bedside controllable electric blackout blinds make it easy to have your choice of either complete blackout or sheer coverage.
The accessible rooms also feature an alarm clock that charges smartphones, a nightlight which can be turned on for the bathroom, USB and HDMI connectivity and over 30 Foxtel and free to air channels on our HD Smart Tvs.
We know that it’s the little extras which make the most difference in your stay, that’s why guests get their choice of either Firm or Soft pillows. We also have an onsite laundry, which makes it easy to get the washing done without leaving the hotel. Plus at Holiday Inn Kids Stay & Eat Free!
Features of our Accessible Rooms:
- 31sqm in size – larger than your standard Melbourne city hotel Accessible Rooms
- Bathroom contains shower seat with backrest, adjustable shower head and lowered accessible sink with lever taps
- Bedroom draws have been lowered to allow for access with easy use handles
- Plenty of space to transfer from wheelchair to bed
- Complimentary WiFi throughout that hotel
- Tea and Coffee making facilities with Dilmah Tea
- Electric Blackout Blinds
- 49″ full HD Smart Tv
- Media Hub Mini with HDMI and USB connectivity
- Individually controlled air conditioning and heating
- Laptop sized safe
- Make your own minibar (empty bar fridge)
- 24 hour room service
- Across from Travellers Aid at Southern Cross Train Station
Please note that our hotel does not have a wheelchair available for guests to borrow except in the case of medical emergencies. Should you wish to hire a wheelchair or any other equipment we can organise this prior to your arrival, please contact us.
Gallery of our Accessible Rooms in our Melbourne Hotel