As the world adjusts to new travel expectations and norms, we at Holiday Inn Melbourne on Flinders are enhancing our experience for you. We are redefining cleanliness and are supporting your wellbeing during your stay with our IHG Clean Promise.
We are expanding our commitment to cleanliness by:
- Using new science-led protocols and service measures.
- Partnering with industry leading experts Cleveland Clinic, Ecolab and Diversey.
- Launching a global IHG Clean Promise
These strengthened procedures are designed to provide you with the greater confidence when staying with us, and also the hotel team with the protection that they require.
What is IHG Way of Clean and what does it entail?
IHG have always had a long standing commitment to cleaning procedures and launched our IHG Way of Clean procedures in 2015. This program is now being expanded with ladditional COVID-19 protocols with long running partners Ecolab and Diversey.
IHG Way of Clean already included deep cleaning with hospital-grade disinfectants, however moving forward guests can expect to see evolved procedures which include:
- Front Desk: Reduced contact at check-in, front desk screens, sanitizer stations and sanitized key-cards.
- Guest Rooms: Visible verification of sanitized items, reduction of in-room furnishings and high touch items, new laundry protocols and use of electrostatic technology.
- Public Areas and Facilities: Additional deep cleaning of high touch surfaces, social distancing, ‘last cleaned’ charts, best practices for pools and fitness centres.
- Meetings and Events Spaces and Restaurant & Bar: New standards and service approach to buffets, banquets, room service and catering.
Supporting the wellbeing of our Guests and our Colleagues
IHG are working with a team of medical experts at the world-renowned Cleveland Clinic to develop guidance and resources for hotels on returning to work and keeping guests safe in this new environment, which may include:
- Cleanliness information in hotels and on IHG’s various booking channels
- Social distancing operating procedures and signage
- Guidance on the use of protective equipment as necessary by hotel colleagues
- Updated colleague training and certification
- Availability of individual guest amenity cleaning kits
- Hand sanitizer and disinfecting wipes available in guest rooms and at high-touch points in the hotel
With our updated measures in place, we are launching an IHG Clean Promise. The IHG Clean Promise will be rolling out globally from the 1st of June 2020.
Guests can be reassured that:
Clean isn’t good enough – we’re committed to high levels of cleanliness. That means clean, well maintained, clutter free rooms that meet our standard. If this isn’t what you find when you check-in then we promise to make it right.
Global Cleanliness Board & Clean Champions
Leading this work is our Global IHG Cleanliness Board. It is made up of experts in operations, safety, health and guest experience colleagues. They will work with external specialists to define solutions, best practices and implement processes.
James Merlino, Chief Clinical Tranformation Officer, and the team from Cleveland Clinic will provide expert council on translating clinical concepts, infections disease management and overall health management.
The team at Holiday Inn Melbourne on Flinders will appoint a Clean Champion to continue building the culture of clean. Our champion will focus on guests and colleagues as we navigate the new environment and help our wider hotel team to consistently deliver this elevated new cleanliness standard.