Travelling to Melbourne on a business trip? That’s great! Once your business day is concluded you will find that there are so much exciting and entertaining things to do in our enriching city of Melbourne. We have rounded up our best Melbourne Bleisure Travel Tips.
What is Bleisure Travel?
For those not in the know, Bleisure is business + leisure and is a popular form of slang. Imagine that you are on a work trip overseas and you decide to extend it a few days to see the sights around the city? Guess what, you have just Bleisure Travelled!
The reasons why Bleisure Travel is becoming more popular is because:
- You will have something to look forward to
- Friends and family can tag along
- You will get to explore a new destination
- It helps you to rejuvinate
- You can cross off your Melbourne bucket list items
- You can save some holiday time off
Melbourne Bleisure Travel Tips of things to do
Never been to Melbourne before? No problem, make sure to book a tour around the city in your spare time to see all that Melbourne has to offer. If you would rather see the sights at your own pace, you can easily take a walk around the city and take advantage of Melbourne trams for free transport around the CBD. Also you can hire a bike from Melbourne’s Bike Share and avoid the traffic by travelling to your meetings in the CBD the fast way!
Whatever you are interested in; Melbourne has interests to fit all! Get ready to immerse yourself in Melbourne’s diverse culture and arts during your Melbourne Bleisure Travel Experience:
- Food Lover? Us too! Eat your way through Melbourne’s assortment of cuisines that will certainly keep your bellies full all day and night! Take a walk to Southbank and feast your eyes on the many restaurants situated along the river. Also take a trip down China Town; there are so many street foods to choose from!
- Whether you enjoy admiring art and museums, Melbourne has got a few scattered around the city. Visit the renowned NGV that has multiple floors of beautiful art pieces from different times and culture. NGV currently has a new exhibition by Keith Haring | Jean Michel Basquiat: Crossing Lines, that you sure don’t want to miss out on! Also visit the Melbourne Museum and enjoy seeing the new exhibition called ‘Gut Feeling’ all about the mind, body and our lifestyles.
- Looking for entertainment? Say no more, Melbourne always has a show or play on. Make sure to visits the Palais Theatre in St. Kilda, where they have a variety of live entertainment to choose from. Furthermore, The Princess Theatre is currently showing the renowned and successful play: Harry Potter and the Cursed Child. It’s a must see for Harry Potter lovers!
So when you’ve got another business trip to Melbourne in your calendar, make sure to turn it into a Melbourne Bleisure travel adventure instead! Trust me your business associates back home will be envious once they find out what you’ve been up to on your ‘Bleisure’ Travels.