The Crown Casino Complex is sits alongside the waterfront Southbank district and below the Crown Towers Hotel, in close proximity to Flinders Street Railway station and multiple CBD landmarks. The complex is a hub of luxury shopping, exclusive dining and unique entertainment, which extends across two city blocks.
Described as a ‘World of Entertainment’, the complex always has something new and exciting on its calendar, being home to the Palms at Crown, Gold Class Cinemas and Crown Casino, which is the largest casino in the Southern Hemisphere.
The water feature appears both inside and outside of the casino complex. At night spheres of light issue at choreographed intervals from the tops of the towers. These pyrotechnics have become an iconic part of Melbourne’s nightlife.
Facts about Crown Casino
- It initially opened in 1994 on the northbank of the Yarra and relocated and re-opened on the south bank of the yarra in 1997.
- The entire complex has an area of 510,000 m, which is the equivalent of two city blocks.
- Crown Casino is the largest casino complex in the Southern Hemisphere and is one of the largest in the world
- Crown Casino is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week except on Christmas Day, Good Friday and Anzac day where it is closed from 4:00am to midday.
- Crown Casino provides the main six casino games of blackjack, craps, pai gow, baccarat and roulette.
- Crown Casino is one of the major centres for competitive poker in the Asia-Pacific region. They annually host the Aussie Millions, the Southern Hemisphere’s richest poker event.
- Signature attractions at Crown Casino are: Seasons of Fortune, Southern Porte Cochere, Revelry, Brigades and Celebration.
- Holiday Inn Melbourne on Flinders, our Melbourne hotel, is located a 5 minute walk from the entrance.