If you’re a parent with school aged kids, you would be well aware of the phrase ‘I’m Bored’. We have put together a list of school holidays activities, both indoor and outdoor that will ensure that kids of all ages are entertained.
1. Free School Holidays Activities
Not all school holidays activities in the Melbourne CBD cost money. Here are some free family friendly school holidays ideas:
- Kids Day Out at the Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre on the 19th of April. The Kids Day Out is a day of amusements and activities to raise much needed funds for the Royal Children’s Hospital in Melbourne.
- Activate your brains STEM this school holidays at the City of Melbourne libraries. Bookings open 25 March.
- Visit the Iconic Shot Tower at Melbourne Central for the Iconic Women: The Exhibition. Be inspired of images of Kate Moss, Queen Elizabeth and Bridget Bardot by renowned British photographer Terry O’Neill.
- Alexander Calder Workshop for Kids at the National Gallery of Victoria from the 5th of April 19.
2. Join Peppa Pig on an aquarium adventure
SEA LIFE Melbourne Aquarium are helping Peppa Pig celebrate ’12 Years of Muddy Puddles’ during the Easter School Holidays with a marine adventure. Peppa Pig activities will run the whole month of April. The special daily meet and greets will run from Sunday 7 April to Sunday 21 April.
Keep a lookout for Daddy Pig, Mummy Pig, George Pig, Suzie Sheep and Rebecca Rabbit amid the regal blue tang, sea stars, flatback turtles and clownfish!
What: Join Peppa Pig on an aquarium adventure at SEA LIFE Melbourne.
Where: SEA LIFE Melbourne, corner of King Street and Flinders Street, Melbourne.
When: Peppa Pig Activities – 1-30 April 2019. Peppa Pig Meet and Greet 7-21 April at 11am and 2pm.
Cost: Adults – $33.60 and Children $22.40.
3. LEGOLAND Discovery Centre celebrates “The LEGO® Movie 2: The Second Part”
Fans of Emmet, Wyldstyle, MetalBeard, Unikitty and Benny can rejoice these Easter School Holidays! LEGOLAND Discovery Centre is celebrating the long-awaited “The LEGO Movie™ 2: The Second Part” with movie-themed school holiday activities from 6 – 22 April. Activities include: Create your own Stop Motion Video, Create a Systar System & Escape the Aliens. There is also a special meet and Greet with Emmett and Wyldstyle, Scavenger Hunts and a Mini figure swap.
What: “The LEGO Movie” Days at LEGOLAND Discover Centre.
Where: LEGOLAND Discovery Centre at Chadstone Shopping Centre – The Fashion Capital.
When: Saturday 6 April to Monday 22 April 2019.
Cost: General Admission $26.00.
4. Glamp in these school holidays
These Easter school holidays Glamp In at Holiday Inn Melbourne on Flinders with our Temple & Webster Glamp-In experience. Stay in your own personal tree house in refurbished Melbourne accommodation. There are plenty of books and games to keep the kids entertained.Meanwhile the parents can relax on the pillowtop bed and watch the 45 + channels on our Digital HD TV’s. This is a great school holidays activity for the days that are cold and wet. Plus at Holiday Inn, Kids Stay & Eat Free!
5. Cadbury Easter Picnic and Egg Hunt
Cadbury will once again share the fun of Easter with their annual Cadbury Easter Picnic and Egg Hunt these Easter school holidays. It is the largest egg hunt in Australia and with many new features to enjoy. It is a wonderful way to spend Easter with family and friends.The event raises much-needed funds for The Royal Children’s Hospital’s Good Friday Appeal. All entry tickets plus other event fundraising donated to the Appeal.
Where: Werribee Park.
When: Good Friday – 19 April 2019.
Cost: $18 including booking fee, children under 3 free.
Enjoy our Melbourne Hotel Deal these school holidays:
Save up to 35% on stays in the Melbourne CBD for your Easter School Holidays activities. Sale until 30 June 19 with our Here, There and Everywhere promotion. Sale ends 26 April 19.