Melbourne is home to some of the coolest bars, great food and romantic date night spots. With the warmer December weather fast approaching, it’s the perfect time to do something romantic. We have put together a list of Summer couples activities in Melbourne for you to plan your ultimate date day/night.
Day summer couples activities
A Day at the Green
Now in its 16th year at Rochford Wines, A day on the Green returns for summer 2018 with John Farnham and friends. In news that will excite fans across the country, John Farnham will be performing songs from his much loved 1986 album Whispering Jack.
Joining John will be a stellar list of guests. Music lovers will enjoy performances by Daryl Braithwaite, Richard Marx, Russell Morris and Bachelor Girl. This is one of the ultimate summer couple activities.
The gates open from 12:00pm on Sunday 9 December and Shuttle buses that run from city to the Yarra Valley are available.
After an extensive refurbishment, Holey Moley has returned and better than ever! With 9 new holes and a whole new bar area, there is something for everyone on a summer date night.
Spread over two levels Holey Moley has 27 different crazy holes. Visitors will find the bar area redesigned with a new cocktail menu. Also downstairs guests will find a Karaoke Bar, for a more adventurous date night. Plus after 5pm Holey Moley is only adults!
Peninsula Hot Springs at the Mornington Peninsula
The ultimate romantic date spot are the Peninsula Hot Springs in the Morning Peninsula. It can be found on Springs Lane in the Mornington Peninsula, which is a 90 minute drive from Melbourne.
During September they unveiled their biggest expansion yet, The Bathhouse Amphitheater. Enjoy seven new pools and each has been fitted with underwater speakers. There will be musical acts, cultural talks, yoga and well-being classes on Amphitheater stage.
If you are looking for a more romantic experience, then consider the Spa Dreaming Centre. This area is reserved for guests 16 years and over.
Night summer couples activities
Queen Victoria Night Market
Melbourne’s original and favourite night market is back for its biggest summer yet. It will run on Wednesday nights from 5pm to 10pm and from 21 November to March 2019.There are over 60 global street food stalls, with more than 100 specialty shopping stalls and a rotating line up of live music and entertainment.
We have spoken to our concierge team and they have given us a heads up on the ultimate Melbourne bars to explore with your significant other for a date night in summer.
- Trinket – An old world bar with a vintage charm. Follow the narrow staircase and it leads to a hidden cellar bar which will surprise and delight.
- Sneak past the secret door and descend down the staircase into a cellar bar called Fall from Grace. It is hidden inside the resurrected State of Grace.
- Cabinet Bar – tucked away behind little Collins street and is next to the Melbourne Town hall. Find a softly lit Parisian night spot and decorated with a blend of European furnishings and retro-chic decor.
- Bar Ampere – a uniquely themed venue from the people behind Madame Brussels and Gin Palace. Take a visit to the disconnected room (nicknamed the swamp room) and see what makes this bar magical. You will then step into a New Orleans bayou and has been dimly lit by fairy lights. If you’re in the mood for a stirred martini, exit the secret rear door and be transported into sister venue Gin Palace.
- Eau de vie – a bar straight out of 1920’s prohibition America. You will be transported into a much forgotten era and seating options are at the bar or in a more intimate booth. If you are curious, behind the book case there is a Whisky Room. The Whisky Room owes its name to their large collection of rate and exclusive whiskies that live there. Book a masterclass for the ultimate date night.
Stay in the Spencer Suite
A staycation in the Melbourne CBD is one of the ultimate summer couples activities. Our generous Spencer Suite offers everything you need to make you feel like you never want to leave. These suites provide you with 60sqm of space, with a living and dining area, and a separate bedroom with a sliding door. You’ll have everything you need to relax, work or invite company.
It’ll be impossible not to relax in the Spencer Suite. Take in the sweeping views of Flinders and Spencer Street through our full height windows. Relax on the couch or on your bed and watch some TV on our 40” and 55” HD TVs, both with Foxtel and 30+ free-to-air channels, and HDMI and USB connectivity. Stay connected to the internet with our free Wi-Fi. The Spencer Suite also includes a luxurious dining area, with a dining table for you to socialise and entertain.
Get to sleep fast on our performance plus pillow top bed, with a choice of either soft or firm pillow to make you more comfortable. Control the electric full blackout blinds from your bed, made to suiting your preferences. You can also easily get ready for any situation with our dual oversized rain shower and plenty of space to place and access your belongings.
Holiday Inn Melbourne on Flinders are only a short walk from the summer couples activities.