Are you planning a last minute escape to the Melbourne CBD and are wondering what to do for Easter in Melbourne? We have rounded our pick of events
1. Easter at Holiday Inn Melbourne on Flinders
There is plenty happening this Easter at Holiday Inn Melbourne on Flinders.
- Our popular Kids Room will be back from Wednesday 17 April to Friday 26 April from 10:00am to 9:00pm
- Each day from 15-26 April there will be a colouring in competition! Drawn daily the winner will win a tasty milkshake from Sirocco Restaurant and Bar
- Easter Egg hunt on our poolside terrace on Sunday 21 April from 10:30am to 11:00am
- Decorate cupcakes with one of our chefs at Sirocco Restaurant and Bar on Saturday 20 April from 11:30 to 12:30pm
- Join us on Good Friday for a seafood dinner in Sirocco Restaurant for only $50
2. Europa Night Market at Queen Victoria Market
Taste the traditions of Europe at the Vic Markets newest nocturnal event. This Easter visit the Queen Victoria Market for an after-hours market which salutes Europe and it’s diverse and delicious food and drink traditions.
Each week has a theme and the theme for the 17th of April is Eastern European.
Where: Queen Victoria Market
When: Each Wednesday night until 8 May from 5 – 10pm
Cost: Free to attend
Learn more on the website for Europa night market
3. Neon Playground at Melbourne Zoo
Experience Melbourne Zoo after dark as it’s transformed with lights, projections, art installations and more.
Where: Melbourne Zoo
When: All week from 5:30pm to 9:30pm
Cost: Adults $39 and Children 4-15yrs $19.00
To find out more and to book visit the Melbourne Zoo website
4. ArtPlay at Birrarung Marr
ArtPlay is a place where children can explore their creativity and share unique artistic experiences with professional artists. Over the Easter school holidays take advantage of the FREE ArtPlay Backyard, where children are invited to play in the backyard.
When: Wednesday 10 April to Wednesday 17 April from 10am to 12pm
5. Kids Day Out
Gather the family on Good Friday and visit the Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre. It will be transformed into a junior wonderland with plenty of free and gold coin donation activities. The annual Kids Day Out is a Royal Children’s Good Friday Appeal event so remember to give generously!
Where: Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre
When: Friday 19 April from 10am to 5pm
6. Easter at The District
Hop into The District this Easter with a chocolate hunt and roaming Easter bunny. Collect your card from the egg hunt zone, search for all the bunnies around the center to win prizes!
Where: The District
When: Saturday 20 April to Sunday 21 April. Visit The District website for specific activity times
What’s on in Melbourne Hotel Deal
Discover what’s on in Melbourne and save up to 35% off stays with IHG Rewards until 30 June 2019. Sale ends 26 April 2019.